What BOTOX® Cosmetic Can Do for You
BOTOX ® Cosmetic has become the most popular cosmetic treatment in the world partly because it’s so flexible. BOTOX® Cosmetic is capable of treating many types of wrinkles, including:
- Horizontal lines in the forehead
- Vertical lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines)
- Crow’s feet
- Lipstick lines
- Bunny lines (around the nose)
BOTOX ® Cosmetic can reduce these wrinkles, but may not eliminate them, especially if your skin isn’t as healthy as it should be. Quality skin care can help restore your skin’s elasticity, helping to erase the wrinkles left by overactive muscles.
And much of what BOTOX ® Cosmetic can’t treat—like thin lips, hollows under the eyes, and deep facial folds—can be treated with Juvéderm ® injections.
What Juvéderm Can Do
Juvéderm is a facial filler that can help replace volume lost or displaced in the face. Common uses of Juvéderm include.
- Plumping the lips
- Filling hollows under the eyes
- Restoring volume in the cheeks
- Filling nasolabial folds
Juvéderm is a very nice and flexible facial filler that can be used in many places in the face. Among the dramatic ways that Juvéderm can help your facial appearance is by filling in the hollows under the eyes, which are sometimes called bags under the eyes and other times a tear trough. The primary application that Juvéderm was approved for is filling in nasolabial folds, sometimes called parentheses lines around the mouth because they look like parentheses around the mouth.
Is Kybella Right for You?
Kybella is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment that destroys fat cells under the chin to improve your profile. It has been proven to be safe and effective for this application, but that doesn’t mean it’s right for everyone. You may be a good candidate for Kybella if:
- You’re bothered by fat under your chin, described as a double chin or sometimes as submental fullness
- You think fat under your chin makes you look older or heavier
- Fat under the chin doesn’t respond to diet and exercise
- You don’t want surgery
If this is you, then you’re probably a candidate for Kybella injections for double chin.
However, you should tell us if you:
- Have had or plan to have surgery in the treatment area
- Have had nonsurgical cosmetic treatments in the area
- Have medical conditions that affect the area
- Have trouble swallowing
- Tend to bleed easily or excessively or are taking blood thinners
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding, or plan to become pregnant
These conditions could lead to potential complications.
Combining Treatments in a Nonsurgical Facelift
If you have multiple concerns about signs of facial aging, we can design a customized approach to your treatment that will address many of your concerns at once. We can combine these procedures to reduce or eliminate signs of facial aging from your forehead to your chin.
Combined with a potential smile makeover, you can not only look younger, but healthier. And you’ll likely feel better, too!
If you want to learn more about these noninvasive approaches to facial rejuvenation, please call (918) 528-3330 today for an appointment at élan by Meghan Hodges.